Labels

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cabbage Rolls

So this is the easiest recipe in the world. And it will make your kids eat cabbage and a full serving of vegetables (with V8.) My son is 10 months old and he loved sharing with me.

1 head of cabbage
1 lb hamburger
1/4 c. rice (not instant)
3 eggs
salt and pepper to taste
1 bottle of V8 ( I think it's 32 oz.)
(You could put in whatever other vegetables you would like, but not necessary)

Mix hamburger, eggs and rice and season with salt and pepper. Cut the end off the cabbage and gently pull off each leaf. Put a spoonful of mixture inside leaf of cabbage and roll folded side down in pot. After all of them are stuffed and in the pot cover completely with V8 and cook for 2 1/2 hours on low-medium heat covered. (On my stove I set it to 4.) Once cabbage is soft and hamburger is cooked through it's ready to eat.  *You probably need to season with more salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy!! Easy and tasty!

No comments: