Labels

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Pasta with Ham-Mushroom Sauce

2 cups sliced fresh shiitake or button mushrooms
1 small red or green sweet pepper, cut into thin strips (I didn't use this)
1 medium onion, chopped (again I didn't use this)
1/2 teaspoon bottled minced garlic (1 clove)
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk (1 1/2 cups)
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
4 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 ounces cooked ham, cut into thin bite-size strips
1 9 ounce package refrigerated fettuccine ( I just bought fetuccine noodles and made them regularly)
Finely shredded parmesan cheese (optional)

1. For sauce, in a large skillet cook mushrooms, sweet pepper, onion, and garlic in hot butter until tender. In a medium bowl combine evaporated milk, basil, cornstarch, and black pepper. Stir into vegetable mixture in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in ham. Remove from heat. (I made sure to heat enough for ham to be heated through)

2. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over pasta. If desired, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.

* I take all the pictures so you know what the meal really looks like and sometimes I don't think they look that great... But trust me it's delicious! I wouldn't post the recipe if I didn't think so!!

No comments: