Labels

Friday, October 28, 2011

Spaghetti Squash

So I have been home sick lately so what is the best thing to do? Call up grandma and get some of her yummy recipes.

When I was growing up we always went to grandma's for her delicious cooking and one of my favorites was spaghetti squash. It's super easy and pretty healthy too. And since it's fall it fits right in.

1 spaghetti squash (oblong and yellow) cut into 4 pieces
salt
pepper
butter or margarine

bring salt water to a boil (enough to submerge the squash)
boil for 20 minutes or until tender enough to put a fork through
drain water and cover with butter salt and pepper.  I've been told you can also use marinara instead because it is after all "spaghetti" squash. (but I've never tried it.) If you do let me know what you think.
*You need to cut off both of the stem ends. **Squash is VERY difficult to cut so you are going to need a heavy duty knife and you'll have to probably pound it into the squash to cut. my mom suggested to use a hammer but I didn't want to break my knife... so I made the hubby pound it!


No comments: